Two Sides of A Coin

My husband and I wanted a place to share our projects...I do crafting (e.g. cards, sewing, etc...), household projects, and parties for kids. My husband makes toy trucks, household projects (e.g. closet redesign), and helps with party decorations and games. While he's a professional contractor, we do this for fun. We both cook, but I am more likely to try new and different recipes. We'll be trying out Pinterest items and reporting back.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Respect the Bird



I don't normally do posts that don't center on a craft or a recipe or some kind of DIY project. But, I have to say something about Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are three different holidays - it should not be a sprint from start to end.

I loved Halloween, so fun and so many great crafts to do.  I love seeing the kids come to the door, talking with my nieces and nephews about their costumes, and finding fun recipes to try during that time.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving for a totally different reason. I really want to embrace the day and be grateful. I'm even particpating in Twitter's #thankful30 movement.  I want to slow down, think about my life, and relax.

And the day after Thanksgiving, I am all in Christmas - Black Friday shopping is awesome.  I love the lights, the crafts, the music, the movies, the gifts, etc... But, not at the expense of Thanksgiving.

For those of us who have Thanksgiving off, we should be grateful for that and return the favor to those who are being forced to work.  Thanksgiving is a day for family, not stores.  It's a day to be grateful and the world might be a better place if everyone just stayed out of the stores.

So, I am urging you - don't do it.  No matter what the stores promise you.  Don't give them your business after midnight.  Respect the bird.



No comments:

Post a Comment