The biscuits - I got Reduced Fat Buttermilk Biscuits - they were so huge. I cut each biscuits into 6 pieces and only fit 4 or so in each muffin slot. And we baked for 12 minutes and I thought it was overdone, so here's my version of her recipe.
- 2 (7.5 oz) cans reduced fat buttermilk biscuits
- 9 Tbsp butter, melted
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tbsp. additional to sprinkle on top if desired
- Cut biscuits into 6 pieces and place in a bowl. I like to use kitchen shears to cut up the biscuits.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic, parsley, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese together and pour over the biscuit pieces.
- Gently toss the biscuit pieces to get evenly coated with the butter mixture.
- Using a 12 cup muffin tin, place 6-7 pieces of the coated biscuit dough into each muffin cup. Use the additional 2 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top of the breads in the muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 18 garlic monkey cups.