- 1 (7.5 oz) bag of Bugles
- 2 bags of candy melting discs (we had leftovers from Halloween)
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2+ Tbsp of milk
- In a large bowl combine your peanut butter and powdered sugar. Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until it's smooth. (I used 2 Tbsp)
- Beat until smooth.
- Using a piping bag or a ziplock with the edge snipped off pipe the peanut butter into the Bugle.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute on 50% power, stir and repeat for 15 seconds until melted. Only melt about 1/4 of the chocolate at a time. You will find that easier and won't have to rush through before the chocolate re-hardens.
- Swirl the peanut butter end of the Bugle into the melted chocolate and set on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- When all are dipped put in freezer until set and ready to eat.
The original poster indicated she liked to eat these frozen, but we didn't try that. These are best if eaten the same day you make them.
We used three kinds of melting discs - brown and lime green milk chocolate and dark cocoa. Gave some variety to the colors in the bowl.
These were a huge hit at the party we took them to. We give them a 4 out of 5 stars, because honestly you have to be patient as it takes so much time to pipe the peanut butter in. We did this together, so that helped. By yourself, it would be too time consuming. One piper, one swirler. Enjoy.