So, from Pinterest, I found this recipe for Apple Cider Ice Cream. Using my handy Kitchen Aid mixer with ice cream maker attachment, it was actually pretty simple and without a lot of "fancy" ingredients. I, of course, tweaked the directions (see below for my version).
Cool and refreshing - Very apple-y (is that a word?). I would suggest making it in the fall, as that seems the season for apple dishes.
Cinnamon Adult Apple Cider SorbetMakes 1 1/2 quarts
Ingredients1 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
2/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon whole cloves
5 whole cinnamon sticks
1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cups cranberry juice cocktail (make sure it's 100% juice)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons dark rum or other alcohol
- Stir together apple cider, sugar, cloves and cinnamon sticks in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat , stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks with a slotted spoon; discard.
- Give it 10 minutes to cool.
- Add the above mentioned mixed ingredients to your ice cream maker attachment.
- Add in applesauce, cranberry and lemon juices and rum.
- Let it run for 15 to 20 minutes - you'll be able to see if start to form up like ice cream.