Two Sides of A Coin

My husband and I wanted a place to share our projects...I do crafting (e.g. cards, sewing, etc...), household projects, and parties for kids. My husband makes toy trucks, household projects (e.g. closet redesign), and helps with party decorations and games. While he's a professional contractor, we do this for fun. We both cook, but I am more likely to try new and different recipes. We'll be trying out Pinterest items and reporting back.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Super Hero Capes - Be Their Hero

I have to show these off.  I made my nephew this amazing two-sided superhero cape.  I followed the directions from here -- Crazy Little Projects. I made one of these -- it took a few hours - maybe 6 all together.  But, that might have been because I had to take the two sides apart and redo it since I didn't measure the center of the cape before the design was attached. I think he loved it.

First, you can get most of the hero symbols from here.  This free, safe font is downloadable to your computer.

Second, follow the Crazy Little Projects tutorial - just be sure to center your design on each side before you sew it together. 
Superhero Symbols for Capes

The Batman Side of the Cape - the yellow material is softer than the felt I used for the capes themselves.

Superman Side of Cape
Superman side of the cape.



No comments:

Post a Comment