Two Sides of A Coin

My husband and I wanted a place to share our projects...I do crafting (e.g. cards, sewing, etc...), household projects, and parties for kids. My husband makes toy trucks, household projects (e.g. closet redesign), and helps with party decorations and games. While he's a professional contractor, we do this for fun. We both cook, but I am more likely to try new and different recipes. We'll be trying out Pinterest items and reporting back.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu in a Pot

And it's time for another Chicken in the Pot recipe...what can I say I am a sucker for easy cooking.

Today, it's Chicken Cordon Bleu from Chef-In-Training.  Of course, I did a little tweaking.  I had to find a way to get some vegetables in there.


Chicken Cordon Bleu in a Pot 

 Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (frozen)
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup 1 percent milk
4 slices of ham
4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
1 (8 ounce) package herbed dry bread stuffing mix (Used Arnold brand)

1/4 cup butter, melted

8 oz. frozen peas and carrots
 

Directions

  1. Whisk together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom.
  2. Add some of the peas and carrots into the sauce.
  3. Layer chicken breasts over the sauce.
  4. Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese.
  5. Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers. Add peas and carrots as possible, trying to keep them in the liquid.
  6. Sprinkle the stuffing on top, and drizzle butter over stuffing.
  7. Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours, or 2 to 3 hours on High.  My crockpot runs really warm so I set it on low for 4 hours and let it warm for another 3.  I thought it was too soupy looking so I left the lid off and let it evaporate for about 1 hour.
Enjoy!

We liked it.  DH gave it a 5 out of 5.  I gave it a 4 out of 5.  So that's a 4.5 for us - we'll be serving this again!

Next time - add double the peas and carrots to the bottom.  They were awesome and cooked up no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment