Two Sides of A Coin

My husband and I wanted a place to share our projects...I do crafting (e.g. cards, sewing, etc...), household projects, and parties for kids. My husband makes toy trucks, household projects (e.g. closet redesign), and helps with party decorations and games. While he's a professional contractor, we do this for fun. We both cook, but I am more likely to try new and different recipes. We'll be trying out Pinterest items and reporting back.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Decorations...let the crafting begin

So I am really working on crafting for Halloween this year.

The pictures below are just the beginning.

Photo 1 and 7 - I have made two more banners so far. The first banner was an easy one. So, I stepped it up a notch with photo 1 and 7 below.  I picked up Halloween scrapbook paper from Michael's.  I created my first pinwheels using these directions.  Note to those who try pinwheels - if the paper flakes when folded, they don't look as good.  And really, you need to make the seam seamless. Something I have not accomplished yet.  I cut the paper letters out from paper and glued them in the center of each one. I glued a spider onto a few of the SPOOKY banner pieces just to make it more 3D. A hole punch in the top corners and I used black curling ribbons to string them up over two window in my house.



Photo 3 - I had a photo-fronted key holder behind my front door. It was pretty boring as you can see.  So, using some cool Halloween paper, I put a 5x7 piece in each window and then taped the BOO across the top.  Popped in back in place and now it's a great seasonal piece.  Thinking of doing the same for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, etc....

Photos 2 & 4 - These were so easy.  Photo 2 is the back of my front door, so you can see parts of 3 & 7. I took magnet tape and cut it into tiny strips.  Removed the tape from the backs and attached tiny magnets on the back of each plastic spider. Voila - then placed them on the door.  Great effect with little fuss.

Photo 5 and 10 - The monsters are just fun to create.  Really making you think outside the box. I am going to give the monsters away at my Halloween party as prizes.

Photo 6 - Loved this ghosts and monster pieces from the Bowdabra blogger. Easy to make and fun. I have to admit I cheated and didn't really make bows. I just tied the tops. I mailed them in care packages to my cousins in college and my grandparents. I also dropped off a few at my hair stylists.  Everyone loved them.

Photo 8 - Simply combine a great sign with an all feather wreath.  Great combination that totally works.

Photo 9 - I wadded up newspaper and put it in the middle of an old sheet.  Attached the arms to the ends of my window valance with paperclips.

I still have more decorations to do, but I wanted to give you all a preview of just a few of the items.


2 comments: