Two Sides of A Coin

My husband and I wanted a place to share our projects...I do crafting (e.g. cards, sewing, etc...), household projects, and parties for kids. My husband makes toy trucks, household projects (e.g. closet redesign), and helps with party decorations and games. While he's a professional contractor, we do this for fun. We both cook, but I am more likely to try new and different recipes. We'll be trying out Pinterest items and reporting back.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chili Maple Chicken in a Pot

We have an unusually amount of frozen chicken breasts right now, so I am working through my chicken recipes from Pinterest.  The blog connected to the pin has a ton of recipes for "dump" chicken - meaning you can dump the ingredients in a bag and even freeze them for later. 

The other night, we made Chili Maple Glazed "Dump" Chicken.  I changed up the recipe and am calling it "Chili Maple Chicken in a Pot."  Why? Because I threw it all in the crock-pot in the morning and just let it go.



Ingredients

2 Chicken Breasts
3 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon chili powder
 

Directions

Place all ingredients into our tiniest slow cooker. I let it sit in the fridge overnight, so it was ready to pop in the crock-pot with no additional ingredients.  In the morning, I stirred it, so the chicken was coated. Left the slow cooker on low for 7 hours and warm for another 3. 


And what did we think?  We actually loved it.  Great tasting, moist chicken.  I served it over rice with peas mixed it.  We give it a 4.5/5 stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment