Two Sides of A Coin

My husband and I wanted a place to share our projects...I do crafting (e.g. cards, sewing, etc...), household projects, and parties for kids. My husband makes toy trucks, household projects (e.g. closet redesign), and helps with party decorations and games. While he's a professional contractor, we do this for fun. We both cook, but I am more likely to try new and different recipes. We'll be trying out Pinterest items and reporting back.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Pinterest Failure...We tried and it was lost...

So, I saw this cool Halloween decoration on Pinterest.  I thought I could make these glowing eyes.  Supposedly, it was pretty interesting.  The end result had me yelling "PinFail"  - this website is one of my favorites to see how things turn out. 

We planned on camping, so I thought it would a perfect craft to try out in the woods.  Lots less ambient lighting, so it should be easier to see.  Oh how I was wrong.

We took an empty paper towel holder. I cut out some eyes with an exacto knife.  And then I took these glow bracelets that I got cheap at Michael's.  They are great because they are like $1 for 16 bracelets.  Unfortunately, they have about a 30% fail rate.  So, once I got two working well, I taped them inside the paper towel roll.  No luck.  Couldn't see anything.  It was lost in the dark - couldn't make out the eyes at all. I tried adjusting the angle and still had zero luck.

Night 2 - I attempted to close off the ends with duct tape and put five bracelets inside.  Still no luck.
I am going to make one final attempt using a real glow stick (but I have to buy one first).  Then, I will try cutting a glow stick open and pouring it inside the tube.

Maybe I will luck out.  But honestly, it's a PinFail for me so far.

Anyone else have any luck?  Any advice on what else I could try?

No comments:

Post a Comment