Two Sides of A Coin

My husband and I wanted a place to share our projects...I do crafting (e.g. cards, sewing, etc...), household projects, and parties for kids. My husband makes toy trucks, household projects (e.g. closet redesign), and helps with party decorations and games. While he's a professional contractor, we do this for fun. We both cook, but I am more likely to try new and different recipes. We'll be trying out Pinterest items and reporting back.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Salsa Chicken (Our Mexican Chili)

Another Meal from Pinterest.  This recipe sounded good.  But my DH has a low tolerance for spice, so I had some concern.

The original recipe is from another blog and looked great.  But, I always have to tweak it.  I had the cream of chicken soup, but I accidentally used it another recipe the night before!!  Yikes!  Next time, I should post-it note a special ingredient so it doesn't get used.

Ingredients

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can vegetarian broth (100% fat free - this is almost all I buy)
1 cup salsa (I had 1/2 container of the Newman's Own Black Bean & Corn Salsa Medium & 1/2 container of Pace Medium Salsa)
1 package taco seasoning
1 bag frozen corn
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)

Directions

1. Put chicken, broth, frozen corn, black beans, and salsa in slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.


It was a little more like chili.  But we loved it.  We served it with Tostitos Baked Scoops.


5 out of 5 stars from us. 

My DH actually said it was the best chicken chilli recipe we have ever made.





2 comments:

  1. I guess I'll have to bring my own hot sauce to the party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My DH is not really into hot sauce, so I always have to make it a bit cooler. We have some in the house, but we keep it light.

      Delete