Two Sides of A Coin

My husband and I wanted a place to share our projects...I do crafting (e.g. cards, sewing, etc...), household projects, and parties for kids. My husband makes toy trucks, household projects (e.g. closet redesign), and helps with party decorations and games. While he's a professional contractor, we do this for fun. We both cook, but I am more likely to try new and different recipes. We'll be trying out Pinterest items and reporting back.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Halloween Pot Pie....Batty and Catty

So I just realized that I didn't post all our meals from two weeks ago.  As I've mentioned still new at this, so I am trying to figure out what works best for us.

Chicken Pot Pie is something I don't make often, but we enjoy.  I looked up two different recipes from Pinterest and then developed my own...Pot Pie  and Halloween Pot Pie

Halloween Pot Pie


Ingredients

 
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 2 sauteed chicken breasts
  • 1 bag of frozen vegetables
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 prepared pie crusts 

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray oil a saute pan. Add the onion and saute 3 minutes. Sprinkle onion with the flour and cook 2 minutes. Add the frozen vegetables and cream of chicken soup. Turn heat to medium high; cook 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce thickens. Add the chicken, salt and pepper to taste; mix.
2. Spoon the mixture into [ie pan lined with prepared pie crust.
3. Roll out the top crust and cut out shapes with Halloween cookie cutters.  Brush with some of the egg yolk.
4. Cook for 12 minutes. (Review your pie crust directions - use whatever time and temperature information that is provided.) Serve.


Cook the chicken breasts

Cook everything on stovetop until it is soft and thick.


Use cookie cutters (dipped in flour) - made bats and cats.
Add the top and dust lightly with butter.


















Be careful that the edges don't burn. Ours were a little dark.  But it comes out pretty cool.

Overall, we gave this a 4 out of 5 stars.  We'll be making this again!  Enjoy.

Anyone have any tweaks they do to their potpie, which might put ours up to a 5 star?




No comments:

Post a Comment