Chicken Pot Pie is something I don't make often, but we enjoy. I looked up two different recipes from Pinterest and then developed my own...Pot Pie and Halloween Pot Pie
Halloween Pot Pie
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 sauteed chicken breasts
- 1 bag of frozen vegetables
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 prepared pie crusts
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray oil a saute pan. Add the onion and saute 3 minutes. Sprinkle onion with the flour and cook 2 minutes. Add the frozen vegetables and cream of chicken soup. Turn heat to medium high; cook 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce thickens. Add the chicken, salt and pepper to taste; mix.
2. Spoon the mixture into [ie pan lined with prepared pie crust.
3. Roll out the top crust and cut out shapes with Halloween cookie cutters. Brush with some of the egg yolk.
4. Cook for 12 minutes. (Review your pie crust directions - use whatever time and temperature information that is provided.) Serve.
|Cook the chicken breasts|
|Cook everything on stovetop until it is soft and thick.|
|Use cookie cutters (dipped in flour) - made bats and cats.|
|Add the top and dust lightly with butter.|
|Be careful that the edges don't burn. Ours were a little dark. But it comes out pretty cool.|
Overall, we gave this a 4 out of 5 stars. We'll be making this again! Enjoy.
Anyone have any tweaks they do to their potpie, which might put ours up to a 5 star?